What is a Foster Home?
A foster home is a temporary living situation for a cat or dog. Our organization heavily relies on foster homes to house a majority of our homeless pets. The foster home will provide food, water, shelter, and TLC. The number of animals we can save depends entirely on the number of people willing to open their homes and hearts to fostering. Fostering also allows us to find out more about the animals personality.
The length of time for fostering depends on the animals age and condition, and exposure to adoption events. There is no guarantee how long it might take for an animal to get adopted. Some get adopted within a week, whiles others might take many months to a year.
Expectations of a Foster home
Provide a clean, safe environment. Provide food, water, and shelter. Provide adequate socialization on a daily basis. Closely watch for any new medical changes, and transporting the animal to the veterinarian, adoption events, possible adoptions, etc.
Benefits of Fostering
- Saving the life of a dog or cat
- We cover all medical costs through the use of our partner clinics
- We provide crate, if needed
- Showing the animal how it feels to be loved
- Food and other expenses can be used as a tax write off
- Earn community service hours
- Meet new people who share your passion for animals
- Foster will receive free veterinary care through veterinary partner
If you are interested in becoming a foster home, please fill out the application below. Once your application has been reviewed, a Carly’s Way Animal Rescue representative will contact you as soon as possible.